Monday, December 20, 2010

Rethink Ch. 9


This chapter makes the point of how many things we can do with technology, why it should be used in education, and how far it can go.  Some people fear such things as video games can be bad for their children but most people don’t think about how you can spin it in a positive way. Using technology can help develop skill, such as critical thinking and communication skills. In my mind technology can be good and bad it is all about how it is used.  I think that parents can lessen these fears by becoming more involved because they will be able to see what their children are doing and assess from there.
As a future teacher I will incorporate technology into many aspects of my teaching. Games are a great way to get kids to practice and be interactive with what they are learning. Also, it allows for children to be creative in a variety of ways such as making their own games and videos. I will use technology to include parents in the classroom through such things as posting videos and games to a blog. In my mind this is a great way to ease parent fears and get them involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment