Monday, December 20, 2010

Delicious


When the concept of social bookmarking was first presented to our class, I thought it had potential to help me organize my bookmarks and website. But I really didn’t like the idea a whole lot; I didn’t want that information to be public and I thought it would get really annoying having to keep up with. At first I had no idea what I was going to put on it other than the bookmarks I already had in the favorite tab on the web browser. The favorites that I had were just a stepping stone. Once I got started the sources came flowing in. There was so many sites that I was given from classes that I added. There were so many sources to add from Dr. Boyer’s lessons and lectures, that it made it hard not to have enough resource. Also, I got ideas from sources from the 5th grader I work with. She showed me games that her teacher had recommended to the class and her teachers delicious account. I was amazed by the fact her teacher had a delicious, I didn’t even ask about it. One day I was on the computer with her and she wanted to practice her states, so she went to the delicious account and searched for what she wanted. When asked about it the student told me she used it all the time and how easily accessible it was. This incident demonstrated how important and beneficial a Delicious can be and know I think about it differently. I grew to like how delicious was public because I was able to see and find resources from other people’s delicious accounts. This was particularly helpful in creating my technology inquiry wiki. After these experiences and keeping my own delicious I am inspired to keep a Delicious account for my personal and classroom use.

No comments:

Post a Comment