Monday, December 20, 2010

Blogs, Wikis, and podcasts Ch. 10 and epilogue


This book was full of reasons and ideas about why our education system needs to be changed in this ever changing world. The last chapter pulls it all together making it clear to me that technology is a big part of life meaning it should be in education. When our students go into the “real world” they will have an ample amount of technology upon them and the more skills and experiences they have the better. Schools need to teach them these skills and give them practice. As a future teacher I will work my hardest to give them this. I believe collaboration is key to this and technology makes it easy. With it students can share and get opinions from many different people causing them to think critically about what they are learning. I believe that is a great way to practice communication, it may not be in person but now people are having less one-on-one interactions and more technologically based interactions. Along with that I think it makes students more willing to discuss and give opinions because they don’t feel like they are being judged.  The best past of technology in the classroom in my eyes is how it engages, motivates, and excites students because those things are the keys to learning.
I will follow the 5 C’s mentioned in this chapter because I think they are large aspects of learning; they are connector, creator, collaborator, coach, and change agent.  My favorite one is creator. A creator can be a lot of different things but if is definitely what students should be. Students should be enable to learn through the process of making and doing because that requires many things like such as learning, reflections, connecting, and creativity.  In my classroom I will have a variety of ways for my students to learn. There will be videos that they can watch and create video games, web resources, interactive white boards, and much more.  I know that all students learn differently and by using all these tools I will be able to reach all students in a variety of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment