Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chapter 6 Discussion Guides


                My group and I spent a lot of time on this project. Each person read the chapter before we met and came with ideas. Before we presented it was we rehearsed several time, which helped with the timing. Putting a timer on our presentation for small group discussions was very effective because it kept everyone on task. I really enjoyed how we separated people into small groups with candy and I think the participants enjoyed it too. Teaching this discussion was a great experience and practice for the future. It gave us a chance to experiment on teaching techniques, practice the technologies we have been learning, and practice our teachers’ voice. My teacher voice is something that I need to work on because I don’t think about it much in front of peers. Also, teaching the lesson enabled me to think about the course content more deeply and from several different perspectives.
                Before this discussion I was a little nervous because in teaching you never know what is going to happen. Luckily my discussion group talked about how to change things it necessary. This reinforced the idea in my mind that as a teacher one has to be ready for anything and be willing to adjust as necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment