Thursday, December 9, 2010

exit post 12/9

3 different ways I will integrate technology in my classroom:
  • Have a blog where I record the activities in class, post homework, post lessons (videos I made). This is a place where parents can connect with the class. Also, students will be able to comment and have their own blog where they can share stories they have wrote or what they have learned.
  • Record videos for my lessons and have students create videos about what they learned.
  • Interactive lessons: In my classroom I want to have a interactive whiteboard for students to use. I will create lessons for this and have students use as a class, ingroups, or on their own. I can also screencast what I am using the interactive whiteboard for. Also, I want to use Scratch to create games for reviewing and practice.
There was many ideas mentions for technology in their classrooms:
  • IWB
  • Video streaming
  • Blogging
  • Scratch
  • Epals
  • Simulations
  • Online whiteboarding (Scribble)
  • Course website
  • Podcasting
  • 1:1 initiative (Personal laptops)
  • Electronic text
  • Wiki (whats going on in class)
    • easy to make and use than website
    • don't have to worry about design
  • Blog for current events
  • Online multi media
  • Screencasting
  • Audio recording
    • record kids reading and share with parents
    • record yourself
  • Delicious
    • show and share resources
  • Prezi
  • Stopmotion animation
This shows how many different tools are out there and they don't just let the teacher create but the students as well. This also goes along with constructionism and show that students can express what they know in a variety of ways.

Before this class I didn't think there was a ton of ways to use technology. I usually just thought about the basic computer programs and projectore. Now I know that there is a different resource for just about anything and they are not difficult to use. I am also more organized with this information and it is not as scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment