Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ch. 8 BWP

This chapter talked about all th different ways publishing has developed and now it is much easier and there is a wider variety. The first thing that was addressed was podcasting, which at first I didn't really know what is was I just thought it as internet rado. After reading it seems like podcasting is a relatively simple process that can be used by pretty much anyone. What I like about it is can talk about anything, use it is many manners, and it doesn't have to be polished like a radio show. The reading then addressed video publishing which is something I nevery attempted but I think it could be an awesome learning tool. To me it is amazing how many different people use youtube and create their own videos. The problem with youtube is that anyone can access it and that can be a problem for student learning, as an alternative they have created a website called TeacherTube.com. All one needs to do this type of thing is just a camera. To go along with video publishing people can now do live streaming in which there video is shown online as they are recorded.  Before this class I didn't know anything about screencasting and how to do. It seems like a great way to show how to do something without having to repeat oneself. It is information one can record and use over and over again.
I think it would be really fun to use podcasting in the classroom by having my students do a variety of projects with it. Students could do their own radio show talking about what we have learned, do interviews, and oral projects. As a teacher I could record lessons and talk about teaching for other teachers. I would also like to use video publishing so my students can create their own videos. I know when I was a kid I loved doing video projects. They can video tape reenactments and have their own news show. Also, I  can video tape my own lessons for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment