Sunday, November 14, 2010

IWB Reflection

I did my interactive whiteboard lesson on geometry for first graders. My lesson involved the many properties of shapes, practicing the names, and association with real life objects. I worked with the standard "reason with shapes and their attributes" and focused on the first part of the standard, which was having students distinguish between defining attributes versus non-defining attributes of a shape.

I think this lesson impacted my future in a positive manner. If I wasn't expose to it I would probably be a little hesitant when bringing it into my classroom. Now I would love to use a smartboard for my lessons. It provides addresses a variety of learners and can be used for every subject and in many different ways. I have learned a lot from this project. I got a refresher and was able to use my knowledge on shapes. Also, I was able play with the software and make my own lessons with it. I think I put a lot of effort into this assignment. At first I had no clue what I was doing then eventually I got a hang of it. I spend a while coming up with ideas and planning my lesson. Then I spend a while changes in to my likes and revising it off of comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment