Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Contemporary issues podcast

When this project was assigned I decided that I was going to be brave and try using a Mac because garageband sound like a very neat too. My problem is I am not comfortable with Macs at all, I rarely use them and don’t know most of the basics. So I spent a lot of time learning how to copy and paste, save things, and open projects. This means that this assignment caused me to learn more than just how to use garageband. I spent a lot of time playing around on garageband and had some friends show me how to edit, record, and insert sounds. I took at least an hour writing the script for the podcast and analyzing and summarizing the article. Then I probably took ten takes on recording the podcast and then went through and edited what I didn’t like. I admit at one point I was pretty frustrated and wanted to stop because I couldn’t figure out how to edit, I lost a recording, and kept recording over things I wasn’t suppose to record over. This assignment influenced my future teaching because it taught me a skill I never had before. If I had never had done this for class I would probably would have never done it. Now I feel comfortable with it and will use it for learning in the classroom. I can have students make one about their learning, I can make one about a subject for my students, and create one to tell students parent about activities in the classroom. In the end I may have had difficulties with assignment but it was completely worth it and now I want to work with it more.


No comments:

Post a Comment