Sunday, November 14, 2010

iRLO

I decided to make my iRLO about spelling for kindergartners and first graders.  My learning object asks the students to spell certain words by moving letters into the correct boxes to form words. When I first started this I had no clue what I was doing. I had missed the lecture on how to use Scratch so I was pretty confused. In order to figure out what to do I talked to my peers and watched the instructional videos on scratch.com. Before I started it I chose my subject and that I wanted the students to spell out three letter words. When I first started working on my project I was at home and introduced it to my little brother and my dad. My dad is a computer programmer and thought the software was a great idea and my brother sat and played with it for a while. This encouraged me to want to work with it more. I spent a lot of time setting up the project, choosing details, selecting words, and polishing it. I had to go into office hours several time to add on levels and work out some glitches I found.  Overall I think I put in a lot of effort into this assignment and enjoyed it.
I think this project was a great experience and I will use it for my future classroom. I’m glad I did it because now it will be easier for me make to make my own projects. This is a resource that I can use forever and pass on to others. Also, I can get ideas and games for my classroom off the website. I can make games for every subject and for fun. I plan to use this in my future classroom and I am already giving this one to my mom for her k-1 class.

No comments:

Post a Comment