Thursday, September 16, 2010

Rethinking Education Ch.1 reflection

This reading enforced how the role of technology is growing in the classroom and in the outside world.  It seems like every year there is more and more use of technology in younger and younger grades. After this reading I felt a little like I took the education I got in grade school for granted. I was able to use technology a lot; we had laptops to use in the classroom and we had a wide variety of classes one could take in technology.  On the other hand there are schools that had way more resources than mine, like Smart Boards (I wasn’t sure what they were until college).  Also, this reading made me think how vital it will be for me to incorporated technology into my classroom, because of how important it is to my students’ future.  Students will be advancing their use of technology in every grade level which makes it important for me to use and teach them about technology.  When it comes to getting a job, students will need to know how to use technology because there are very few jobs these days were you don’t need to use it. This reading made me think about how much technology has impacted education. 
In my classroom I will try my best to incorporate technology in my lessons.  The use of videos, podcasts, blogs, and wikis could be a great resource in my classroom.  I would like to do a lot of website exploration in my classroom because I think it is a fun way to learn new information.  One internet activity I want to do is use the San Diego Zoo website to learn about animals. On the website they have animal cams for the children to watch.  Overall, I will be using many technologies in my classroom to benefit my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment