Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ch. 1-3 Blogs Wikis Podcasts

This reading made me think about how quickly technology changes and developed.  When I was in elementary school we didn’t have half the technology and information being taught to us as they do in today’s schools. Talking to my brother who is in middle school makes me feel so behind because information and exposure to technology is beginning at younger and younger ages. The reading showed me how difficult it is for teachers now days to keep up with the changes that occur almost every day. While reading I thought about my family and how they have changed a long with the changing technology. My mother is a kindergarten teacher and she has to take classes yearly to keep up; she knew what a smartboard was before I did. She maybe behind in social technologies but when it come to education she works very hard to keep current. My dad is a computer programmer and is constantly reading new books, working on applications, and learning about new software.  Just thinking about how my family has changed with technology shows how much it has grown throughout the years.  This is another source that demonstrates how important it is to incorporate technology into a classroom. Throughout a student’s education technology will be changing and those students will not be able to keep up with the growing world without a wide variety of education. As a result of this reading and developing this new thinking I will be working a lot to expand my students’ knowledge and skills in a variety of ways. For older students I can use blogs instead of just discussions to express their thoughts because some students are timid to share. I can also have them respond to each other’s responses as part of their assignment. I think it would also be good to use clickers for discussion. I think incorporating technology into class and homework will enable the students to learn and understand better because they are using something they enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment